Arroz Arabe- Arabic rice
To rate this recipe you have to log in.
Pastas, Grains & Breads
|email a friend|
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 cups of rice
- 1/2 cup vermicelli (can use angle hair pasta broken into small pieces)
- 1 box of orzo
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tbs allspice
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion With some vegetable oil until translucent.
- Add ground meat and garlic and brown for about 5-6 minutes.
- Season with allspice salt pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a separate pot over medium heat toast vermicelli with 3 tbs vegetable oil.
- Watch it because it burns quickly.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until rice is done.
- While rice is cooking make orzo according to instructions.
- When rice and orzo are ready add to meat.
- Add chickpeas and mix very well.
- Reseason if necesary.
- Let cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
Please login to place comments.